Simple, non-disruptive migrations
Carbonite Migrate allows you to easily migrate physical, virtual and cloud workloads to and from any environment with minimal risk and near-zero downtime. Options for finely tuned automation help orchestrate every stage of the process.
- Replicate data continuously to minimize downtime and enable fast cutover.
- Perform unlimited testing of the new environment without disrupting operations.
- Reduce downtime to minutes or seconds as you cut over to the new server.
- Ensure data, files and system setting are replicated reliably.
How it works
Real time replication
- After installing Carbonite Migrate, the administrator selects the source and target servers through the console.
- The administrator chooses how to migrate data, with options from fully automated cloud orchestration workflows to DIY with our robust SDK.
- Once initiated, Carbonite Migrate performs an initial mirror of the data, applications, or complete server to begin synchronization.
near zero downtime
- Throughout the migration process, Carbonite Migrate continuously replicates changes from the source, automatically preserving an exact copy of data and configuration settings on the target server.
- Cutting over to the target can be initiated manually or automated immediately upon completion of initial synchronization.
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise
with native integration for
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Any cloud platform, including
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS Outpost
- Google Cloud
- VMware vCloud Director